Baranov Nikolai Nikolayevich
Nikolai Baranov has devoted the majority of his professional career to date working at Petromarket RG and has risen from senior analyst to project manager. Owing to his sizeable experience in the regional sales departments of some of Russia’s major oil companies, Nikolai has a thorough practical knowledge of the working principles of the motor fuels markets and specialises in studying them at the micro level. He has made a decisive contribution to the development of Petromarket RG’s research competence. In 2019, Nikolai was assigned to manage forecasting project for the feedstock processing volume and petroleum products output of refineries located in the countries of the former Soviet Union.
He has been with Petromarket RG since 2007.
Area of responsibility
- Nikolai is responsible for the implementation of projects linked to the study of Russia’s regional fuel markets.
- He is also responsible for the short-, medium- and long-term forecasting of oil refining and petroleum product manufacture at refineries located in the countries of the former Soviet Union.
- Engaged in the complex modelling (the creation of LP models) of refinery operations.
- Tulanefteproduct OJSC (a regional division of TNK-BP) (2002-2005)
Nikolai started as an economist and financial planner in the economic planning department and subsequently became the manager of the commercial department. He was responsible for organising the marketing of petroleum products (building a client base, concluding contracts, supporting transactions), analysing market conditions (collecting, processing, analysing information on the company’s market capacity, analysing competitor behaviour, assessing trends and prospects for market development) and took part not only in the drafting of company pricing policy, but also in development of the TNK-BP jobber programme in Tula and Lipetsk Oblasts.
- Tula State University, Faculty of Economics (2000-2002)
Nikolai graduated as an economist, specialising in the fields of accounting, analysis and audit (diploma with honours).
- Tula State University, Faculty of Mining Engineering (1996-2001)
Nikolai graduated as a mining engineer, specialising in mining equipment and machinery.