Benchmarking of Russian Filling Stations
What is filling station benchmarking, why is it needed and how is it carried out?
- The filling station benchmarking is a factor analysis of particular station operational efficiency set against a reference (ideal), average or competing station.
- Positioning of the filling station in the market – revealing its relative advantages and disadvantages in comparison with competing stations.
- Identification of the options available for improving the efficiency of the filling station by means of “best practice”.
- Assessment of the expected operational effectiveness of a filling station under construction or reconstruction, or of a station being purchased under contract and subject to rebranding.
- Volume of fuel sold (“flow”).
- Takings (total revenue from core business and associated goods and services).
- The primary benchmarking tool is a computational model simulating the operation of the filling station. In the model, filling station efficiency is dependent upon a set of factors characterising the format and appearance of the station, its convenience, the strength of a brand of the station operator, the competitive environment, etc.
- Econometric methods are used to determine the operating efficiency factors of the filling station and the type of computational model. This is established by processing a sufficiently large number of filling stations located in the same region as the station in question.
- Collection of relevant data on the characteristics of filling stations in the region (both desk and field studies).
- Digitisation of the data and development of a computational model of filling station operation.
- Benchmarking of the station, in accordance with the objectives set by the client.
- Interpretation of the benchmarking results and presentation of the conclusions to the client.
What are the merits of Petromarket RG’s benchmarking procedures for filling stations?
The filling station benchmarking services offered by Petromarket RG have no analogue on the Russian consulting services market.
The most up-to-date methods of econometric analysis are used in the construction of filling station functional models.
The costs of benchmarking (in particular, the necessary collection of data) can be significant, but the advantages to the client can easily outweigh the costs many times over.
The actual content of any benchmarking procedure is determined by the objectives of the client.
Petromarket RG invites you to order benchmarking services for filling stations operating on the territory of the Russian Federation. Benchmarking can be performed on a one-off basis (an analysis of filling station operation over a period of one year, 3 months or one month), or on a regular basis (annually, quarterly or monthly).
How do I order filling station benchmarking services?
Simply submit an application, describing the tasks you plan to perform with the help of filling station benchmarking services. If you already have a draft proposal for your benchmarking requirements, please attach it to your application.