Country-Focused Market Research
The forecasting is based on the use of mathematical models that establish the dependence of demand on a specific set of factors. Each petroleum product has its own set of demand parameters and its own form of mathematical model.
Which markets are considered to be within the competencies of the Petromarket Research Group?
Crude oil, natural gas, petroleum and gas processing products, petrochemical and gas chemical products.
Russia, Kazakhstan, Belarus and other post-Soviet countries, Afghanistan, Mongolia.
What does market research for a particular product include?
- The current supply and demand balance: volumes of local production, imports, domestic demand, exports, changes in stocking levels.
- The production capacities of local producers, their location and their individual feedstock throughputs.
- Sectoral and regional demand segmentation.
- Factor analysis of the dynamics of supply and demand.
- Distribution of supplies of local producers between domestic and foreign markets.
- Distribution of the supply of refinery products between the regional domestic markets.
- Distribution of exports between mainstream and key exporters.
- Distribution of imports between countries of origin.
- Factor analysis of the dynamics of commodity flow.
- Internal and external market pricing factors.
- The existence and forms of government price regulation.
- Analysis of the historical dynamics of export netbacks and prices on the domestic market.
- Advantages or premiums of domestic market over external ones; analysis of the dynamics of this particular indicator.
- The system of taxation imposed upon market participants.
- The system of customs and tariff regulation applied to international trade transactions.
- Non-tariff regulation of cross-border supplies.
- Recent changes to the system of state regulation and the logic underpinning them.
- Analysis of the impact of government regulation on market development.
- The role of imports in covering domestic market demand.
- The market shares of local producers and their dynamics (including regional markets).
- Dominant producers and the factors determining their dominance.
- Antitrust laws and the tools of antitrust regulation of the market.
- Analysis of the precedents of antitrust violations.
- Quality requirements, standards and specifications.
- The scale of substitute product distribution in the market – including surrogates.
- Methods used by the state to combat surrogates and an assessment of their effectiveness.
- Transportation systems and transhipment points, together with their throughput capacities.
- State regulation of transportation tariffs.
- Analysis of the historical dynamics of tariffs and other transportation cost parameters.
- Transportation route plans used by the various manufacturers to supply domestic and export markets.
- Distribution of product flows between transportation systems and transportation routes.
What makes Petromarket RG’s research stand out?
Fullness and dependability
Petromarket RG’s own information base – unrivalled in terms of both its fullness and quality – together with the company’s in-depth knowledge of the industry and accumulated professional experience are a guarantee that the research undertaken will be comprehensive and the results obtained will be dependable.
Reasonable deadlines and affordable costs
By minimising the cost of acquiring research data and standardising the procedures of calculation, logistics and analysis, Petromarket RG is able to offer its clients sensible deadlines for project completion at an attractive price.
The company is in a position to carry out research on oil and gas markets on behalf of its clients.
How do I order an oil and gas market study?
Simply send us a research application, indicating the markets, products and countries of interest to you. Please include details of the retrospective you require and the particular aspects of the market you wish to focus on. If you already have a draft proposal for your research requirements, please attach this to your application.